Problem: When you launch your QuickBooks Desktop, an error pops-up on the computer screen. The error Aborts your QuickBooks launch. This error happens mostly when the QBWUser.ini file has been damaged somehow.
QuickBooks might crash as well at times if this error exists in the QuickBooks System. If you are looking for the answer to ‘How to fix QuickBooks Abort Error?’ then you are at the right place. The AskForAccounting QuickBooks tech support help-team is going to help you out in resolving this issue for good.
Description: The problem has its roots in the damaged QBWUSER.INI file. If the file gets damaged somehow, either while saving or because of some malware, you cannot use QuickBooks. QuickBooks Abort Error Sometimes this error arrives when QuickBooks is unable to connect with the server.
Resolutions: There are multiple solutions available to resolve this error on your QuickBooks Desktop. This error occurs mostly on the computer systems running on Windows Operating System. That is why we are going to provide the solution that concerns the Windows Interface:
- Tweaking up the firewall: Sometimes the error occurs because of the Firewall Restrictions. We will try to adjust the settings accordingly:
- Launch the Firewall Settings on your computer.
- Go to the left panel and select Advanced Security on Windows Firewall.
- Select Inbound Rules.
- Go to the left panel and click New Rule.
- Find the QuickBooks Executable file.
- Pick the port which is concerned with the setting.
- Click Allow Network Connection.
- All of the options need to be selected now. Hit
- Fill in the Rule’s name.
This procedure ensures that all the ports required by QuickBooks to access the server have been unblocked from the firewall. If you are not aware of the ports, you can give a call to QuickBooks Tech Support Team to find out which ports to use.
- Disable the Antivirus: Sometimes antivirus creates a barrier between the server and QuickBooks. Therefore, QuickBooks cannot access the company file and connect with the server. We advise you to tweak the Antivirus settings and allow QuickBooks in the needed locations.
- Rename the User File: Follow these steps:
- Go to this location: Users\User-Name\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- Copy the file from the location.
- Create a new folder in another drive on the computer.
- Paste the file in the folder.
- Come back to the specified location.
- Change the file name toecml (The file that stores the information of the users)
- Try to open your QuickBooks Desktop now.
- If the error persists, delete the file and try again. (QuickBooks regenerates the file.)
- If the error still exists, follow the next method.
- Update your QuickBooks: Updating QuickBooks resolve most the file related problems. If the methods mentioned above do not work, update your QuickBooks to its latest available release. Try to launch QuickBooks once more and see if the problem has been resolved. If it has not, we advise you to get in touch with the QuickBooks 24/7 Tech Support.
One of the methods mentioned above should work for you. If none of the methods works, then as advised earlier, get in touch with our QuickBooks Technical Support Team. They provide the solutions to the errors that arise on QuickBooks running on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, Vista and 10.
You can speak with one of these QuickBooks Experts by giving a call at their toll-free helpline number 1800-865-4183.