In this blog post we will understand how to use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery options in situations where enterprise data gets corrupted or gets permanently deleted.
The Data Services team very often recovers data in files that are damaged. But, it is often required to wait several days without QuickBooks for the team to recover the file.
This did not impact scheduled backup of company files set up by the user, that will continue to work as before.
Choose and follow the instructions for data recovery:
- Select the ‘Update’ button to download the update file
- Select ‘Setup Automatic Updates’ to learn and understand how to set QuickBooks to automatically download and installing the current updates.
Auto Data Recovery might help in recovering your data via two ways:
- Recreate lost transactions via using your current Transaction Log file and a replica of your Company file.
2. Recreate all, however, the last few hours of transactions with a replica of both your Company file and your Transaction Log file
Solution 1: For recreating all current transactions, use the original Transaction Log file with the Auto Data Recovery Company file.
1. Open that folder where the organizational file is located or stored.
a. Note the path of the No Company Open screen:
b. Open that folder present in the Windows Explorer:
2. Ensure to make file extensions visible (if needed).
a. Select Organize > Folder and the search options.
b.Select the View tab.
3. Take note of the size and date modified for:
a. Company file (.qbw)
b. Transaction Log file (.tlg)
4. Create a new folder with the name ‘Old files
5. Shift the Company file over to the Old files folder
6. Open the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery folder. (It’s in the same folder as the Company file.)
7. Make note of the size and date modified for:
a. The 12 hour auto data recovery file
b. The 24 hour auto recovery file (these won’t always exist)
8. Right-click on the replica of the Company file (.qbw.adr) and choose Copy.
9. Go back up on the folder where the organization file is stored or located.
10. Select Organize > Paste to replicate the file to this folder.
11. Right-click on the Company file (.qbw.adr) and then select Rename.
12. Delete the .adr present at the end of the name of the file.
13. First Open the QuickBooks
14. Now Open the Company file.
15. Use reports or account registers to examine that all transactions were restored.
16. Make a Use of the Verify data utility.
QuickBooks Support gives every day help to QuickBooks user. If you get support Call our Intuit Proadvisor 24/7 Support , Dial 1800-865-4183 get full support.